The Future Dreamers Civic Leadership Academy is a community-centered course that focuses on developing and highlighting leaders in the south and southwest communities of Louisville.
This program is for emerging leaders who want to:
- Learn more about the south end and southwest Louisville
- Build connections with others who care about South Louisville
- Grow your professional and community network
- Meet local community leaders and decision-makers
- Gain knowledge of South Louisville community assets and opportunities
- Explore and engage with the stories of South Louisville
- Build the skills necessary to address priorities in the south and southwest Louisville region
- Become lifelong advocates and ambassadors to improve quality of life in south and southwest Louisville
2021 Cohort Timeline
September 1, 2020 | 2021 Future Dreamers Cohort application opens
October 13, 2020 | 2021 application closes
Week of October 26, 2020 | 2021 Cohort notified
November 9 – December 18, 2020 | One-on-one meetings with Southwest Dream Team Board Members and 2021 Future Dreamers Cohort
January 2021 | Virtual pre-requisite programming
February 2, 2021* | In-person programming begins, Session #1
February 9, 2021* | Session #2
February 16, 2021* | Session #3
February 23, 2021* | Session #4
March 2, 2021* | Session #5
*All in-person programming dates subject to change.
- Asset-Based Community Development
- Housing and Neighborhood Development
- Local Economies
- Local Government
- The Future of South Louisville
- Open to all residents of the greater Louisville area, community leaders, business owners and their employees, students, homeowners, renters, and everyone in between.
- Must be able to attend 4 out of 5 sessions.
Course Fee: $125
Includes materials and catered dinner served at each session
Scholarships are available. Indicate your request for a scholarship on the application form, or contact Rebecca Katz at firstname.lastname@example.org.