Developing and promoting leaders in the South and Southwest communities of Louisville
Future Dreamers is a community-centered leadership course that cultivates a network of lifelong advocates and ambassadors for South and Southwest, builds community social capital, and acts as a pipeline to fill leadership roles in the city with members and supporters of South Louisville.
Fall 2022 Cohort | 11:59 pm Tuesday, October 4, 2022
This program is for emerging leaders who want to:
Who Should Apply
Open to all residents of the greater Louisville area, community leaders, business owners and their employees, students, homeowners, renters, and everyone in between. Must have vested interest in and commitment to cultivating a thriving South and Southwest Louisville region.
Cohort members attend one program session per week for six consecutive weeks. Each session is typically two and a half hours long. Participants must be able to attend five out of six sessions. Program sessions are held at various locations throughout South and Southwest Louisville and will be in person according to CDC guidance.
The course fee for the Future Dreamers Civic Leadership Academy is $150. This includes program materials and catered dinner served at each session.
Scholarships are available. Indicate your request for a scholarship on the application form, or contact Rebecca Katz at email@example.com.
Sample Program Overview
• Session 1 – Asset-Based Community Development workshop with the Center for Neighborhoods, and networking with Future Dreamers alumni at Iroquois Amphitheater.
• Session 2 – Culture, Arts, and Tourism panel with Louisville Tourism and local attractions at the Little Loomhouse .
• Session 3 – Local Government panel with local elected officials about how to successfully partner with local government on community projects at the Southwest Regional Library.
• Session 4 – Local Economy panel with local small business owners and Louisville Forward representatives about business resources and the local business eco-system at Colonial Gardens.
• Session 5 – Local Development panel with for-profit and non-profit developers and advocates about how to instigate and engage in neighborhood development efforts at the Shively Community Center.
• Session 6 – Leaders share their pitch for South Louisville and graduate from the program at the Horine Conference Center in Jefferson Memorial Forest.
Fall 2022 Cohort
11:59 pm Tuesday, October 4, 2022 | Fall 2022 application closes
All meetings will take place on Thursdays, 5:30-8 pm. Locations TBA.
October 13, 2022 | Session #1
October 20, 2022 | Session #2
October 27, 2022 | Session #3
November 3, 2022 | Session #4
November 10, 2022 | Session #5
November 17, 2022 | Session #6
Spring 2023 Cohort
All meetings will take place on Tuesdays, 5:30-8 pm. Locations TBA.